When it comes to dining@school, we make sure you have total control, without having to fend for yourself. With our meal plan you get to decide what you’ll eat and when.
- 1. Your Kitchen: Stock your kitchen for the most savings and the most control. Worried about budgeting for groceries? Simply set up a semester long meal plan on your SBA Red Card. Unlike a credit card, there are restrictions on what you can purchase.
- 2. Your SBA Red Card: Are subs and pizza slices a daily staple in your diet? Use your all-in-one SBA Red Card to pay for carry-out, delivery or dine-in, and groceries through your custom meal plan. You’ll also use this all-in-one card at Lucky to pay for laundry, copies, postage, and faxes.
- 3. Your Cafeteria: Wisconsin Union and University Housing dining facilities are a la carte (no meal plans) and are open to anyone, regardless of where they choose to live. Discounts apply for enrolled student.
Lucky is perfect for me. I’m five minutes away from State Street and my classes, and the grocery store is right downstairs. I’ve also made a lot of great friends here. It’s been easy to meet new people and everyone is eager to make friends.
Matt McManus from Plymouth, MN, Dorm@Lucky Resident
SBA Red Card – The Ultimate Prepaid Perk
Through our exclusive agreement, we make sure dining is easy and flexible by providing every resident with a FREE SBA Red Card. Parents can start a meal plan and add more funds online without needing the card or the student’s help (after the initial set up).
- For students, you’ll have a convenient source of funds for groceries or laundry, as well as access to over 40 campus area-restaurants.
- For parents, this is a simple way to set your student’s budget for the semester, knowing that the card can only be used at pre-approved locations and only for groceries and food (alcohol and tobacco purchases are prohibited.)
You’ll receive your SBA Red Card when you check into your new apartment. You can either add funds then or and add funds online, in person, or through the mail!
Simplicity, Savings and Security
- Simple to use – Either a student or a parent can preload the card, which you can then use for:
- Restaurants: Dine in or order out from over 40 campus-area locations.
- Groceries: Visit Fresh Madison Market or have groceries delivered right to your kitchen.
- Laundry: Use your card in your laundry room at your building.
- Resident Services: You can also use your SBA Red Card for copies, postage and faxes.
- Savings – You’ll enjoy cardholder discounts, frequent shopper rewards, and weekly promotions. There are also no ATM fees or finance charges.
- Security – Parents like the fact that the card can only be used at pre-approved locations, and that alcohol and tobacco purchases are prohibited.
FAQs about the SBA Red Card
When do I get my SBA Red Card? You’ll get the new card when you move in. That’s also the best time to load funds on your card. Find out more details here.
How do I add funds to the SBA Red Card? On an ongoing basis; you can add any amount online, by mail, or at our service desks. Find out more details here.
Who loads the funds? Either parents or students can load up the card.
Can I use the SBA Red Card as a meal plan? Many residents do. Click here to see Red Card’s recommended meal plans.
What restaurants are included? Click here to see a list of the restaurants that accept the card.